Monday, November 16, 2015

A Decade Ago

10 years ago, I married a man that I didn't think I could be more in love with than I was that day. Little did I know just how much we would grow up over the years and I know most couples out there would be able to agree with me at how much better marriage gets with time!! It honestly feels weird to say we have been married for 10 years, because it doesn't seem like we should be that old!

My husband has taken me on some of the greatest adventures of my life. He has taken my hand and led me outside of the little box that I might prefer to live inside and shown me that there is so much more to this life than the comfortable! He has shown me how to appreciate. How to appreciate the little things, the beauty that is all around me, and how to find the good in what might seem like a bad situation. We have been to some of the lowest valleys together and have been to some pretty high mountain tops. There are so many more mountains to climb and I cannot imagine living life with anyone else but him. I am so grateful to be able to share my experiences in life with my best friend.

As we continue on this adoption journey, my husband is my source of encouragement, my voice of reason and my truest friend. He has lead me this far with grace and integrity, he is patient with me through all of my doubts and fears and he guides me in the path of righteousness in all that we do. Neither of us are perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but we are better people because we have each other. I realize what a blessing that is in this world and I lay my head down every night thankful for such a man. He is my hero.


Our actual anniversary is not for another couple of weeks, but it's in the middle of Thanksgiving weekend and we decided to celebrate a little early. We were able to spend 2 nights together, all alone, in one of our very favorite cities in the world. It's a beautiful place with rich culture and lots of really good food!! We are so thankful for our friends, the G family, who took such good care of our kiddos while we had this much needed time to celebrate 10 beautiful years together. Looking forward to the next 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your support and encouragement are so very important to us!