Tomorrow our lives are going to change. This whole process has already been a huge roller coaster. Our lives have been changing dramatically over the course of the last 3 months. But the change has been more subtle, almost other-worldly. But tomorrow, we will come face to face with a little boy who most likely doesn't even know we exist as he lays his head down. We will be able to see how he smiles, how he laughs (hopefully), some of his likes and dislikes, hear his voice and we have no idea what to expect.
I had to grasp to hold myself together tonight as we were buying a frisbee to take with us to play with. He most likely has never seen a frisbee. Frisbee is one of our family things. Justin and I began our relationship by playing frisbee together and it was our favorite activity to do together during our first year of marriage. (We had the coolest frisbee that lit up and we would go to the park at night and play. Yeah ok, we are dorks. End side note.) Anyway, the thought of us getting to teach him how to play frisbee and to join him in on one of our family favorites gave me the cries. Hopefully, we don't hit him in the forehead on the first throw and completely ruin every here-after experience with a frisbee for him.
Jokes all aside, this is a big day. For all of us. We aren't sure what he knows and we trust and respect whatever the orphanage sees best for him in that area. We are completely fine being a couple of really nice people that want to come play for a while. But either way, we are praying that Father will cover our entire 1-2 hours with him with complete peace that passes all understanding, for every one involved. Please help us pray over these specific points today:
*I have been feeling pretty under the weather since last night. Pray that I will wake up refreshed and that I won't be battling with snot all morning tomorrow.
*Pray for language. He most likely has been raised speaking Cantonese, and we speak Mandarin. He has just now started school though, so there is a chance that because Mandarin is the official language of China that maybe he will understand some and we will be able to communicate with him.
*Pray for relationships and bonds to be formed immediately and that the threads that God has already begun weaving will continue to multiply into a beautiful tapestry of family.
*Pray for permission to come back again. The orphanage required that we have a guide from our agency come with us, and I am thankful that she is coming this time, but we are hoping that we can build a good relationship this time, so that we can come back again without having that expense. But mainly we are asking for permission to return, guide or no guide.
*Pray for our hearts as we have to leave. We have been warned by friends that leaving the kids there is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do and I am preparing myself to be broken. But I am praying that peace will rule and that I will be able to know that he is in good hands. And even if it doesn't appear that way, pray that my heart will have peace in His timing.
*Pray for his heart and mind as he processes whatever happens in his 5 year old world tomorrow.
Thank you all so much! I am so so excited to be able to share this journey with you, finally! Hopefully, I will have pictures to share tomorrow night!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your support and encouragement are so very important to us!