Monday, September 12, 2016

Day One

Our first day as a family of five was truly abundantly more than we could ask or imagine! The Lord totally came through for us today. There were no tears, there was only joy. I feel a little guilty saying that it feels almost like a fairytale. Words can't even begin to describe how surreal this day was. He has tested a few boundaries, and keeping up with 3 boys is a little bit harder than we realized, especially with one that is so curious about everything, so we are tired. But he has responded very well to our redirection and seems to be so happy to be here. He was prepared very well and he has been taken such good care of. We are so thankful. I will keep my words few, because I for once don't have many. Just so much gratefulness and awe at my loving Father who is faithful to His promises. All of the glory and honor are His.


We received this picture from
the orphanage director
while they were on the way.
He is looking at our pictures.
Last family of 4 picture





So nervous!!








A little nervous at first


But then we made our way to the couch and he
realized Daddy had a phone.

And the rest of the time he was all smiles.





















                       








This moment, on the way to dinner, was our first meltdown.
Silas was tired and so Justin picked him up and that broke
poor little Sean's heart. It was a hard moment for all of us.
We made sure Sean got to sit beside Daddy at dinner and all was
well from then on. We will make sure we have naptime tomorrow too!
But on the bright side, Silas was showering Daddy with hugs during our walk
and even gave him a big kiss!!
 As we walked, Silas watched everything. He was quiet as a mouse and you could see on his face the look of deeply taking in all the sights and sounds. His world became a lot bigger today.

He likes pizza!

So in love with this!

Ready for bed!






















Bedtime was a little tough in the beginning. But we made it through. Sean was so tired and so I rocked him to sleep to give him a little extra loves. A couple of times while I was rocking Sean, Silas sat up and watched us. So when I laid Sean down, I told Justin to bring Silas over to me and he let me rock him too for a good while. He eventually wanted to go lay back down, but it was a sweet time. I pray that he will fully embrace our love and someday know the Father's love that reaches far deeper than mine ever will.
We couldn't be more blessed. Goodnight!!


THANK YOU to all of you who were lifting us up on this day! We couldn't have made it without our cloud of witnesses surrounding us. We literally felt the armies of angels around us several times today. The gift of your prayers is PRICELESS!!

Here is to a restful night of sleep. Tomorrow is a new day with new challenges I'm sure.
We will be returning to the same place we went to today to sign our paperwork. 
Today we are only his guardians. Tomorrow, he becomes our son.


4 comments:

  1. Trying not to cry as I read this! Our Father is so kind and generous. So thankful that today went smoothly for you. Praying tomorrow is just as fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful account of your new beginning! Thanks for sharing! Blessings on your new family of 5!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day holds the possibility of a miracle! Today our family is blessed with a BIG one, thank you Lord for your goodness and that never failing love and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep looking back over these beautiful pictures...thanking the Lord for this sweet boy and his new family! So awesome! Can't wait to meet you in person Silas!

    ReplyDelete

Your support and encouragement are so very important to us!