Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day Two...We are a Family!!

We slept all night and woke up to big hugs this morning!!

Some brotherly bonding before breakfast.
Not sure about this jelly stuff, but Daddy likes it...

It's a winner!! He ate 2 pieces!
Everybody enjoying their breakfast!



Showing Daddy the way back to our room.


So I didn't get any of the cool pictures of us signing the papers and all that jazz, but as of today at about 10am, China time, Chen QiLong is officially our son. We are so happy!! 

After we left the Civil Affairs office, our guide told us that we could go visit the place where QiLong was found, if we wanted to. He had become a little distant since we left the office and we were a little worried that it might be too much for one morning. But then, we pulled up to a hospital and we were there. So we decided to go ahead and do it. We feel like it's important for his future to have as many pieces of the puzzle as possible. 

 
6 years ago a baby boy was found on these stairs.
Today, we have a picture of this same boy with his family.
Forever.


 A very emotional part of our day, but a part that is a piece of his story. It's something that he might want to know about when he gets older. It's not something that we will every be able to understand. For one thing, how is it possible that someone could leave a baby in this place without someone noticing? Did someone notice? Would they have said anything if they had? For whatever reason, and however she may have done it, I spent some time on my knees for a certain mama out there who probably has no idea what became of her little boy. I pray that she knows within her heart that he is well and that he is so loved. I pray that if she doesn't already know that she will meet someone who will tell her about a Savior who loves her, no matter what. And I pray that I will always teach her son that true love doesn't always look pretty. There is no doubt in my mind that she loved him. 
She chose to give him life.
That is a gift I will forever be grateful for.

On the way home from there, QiLong was even more quiet and eventually he began to cry. It could have been for any one of a hundred reasons why, but it was almost as if he knew what this day meant. He was finally able to begin to grieve. And thankfully he let us comfort him, and seemed to want that. Oh, it broke our hearts, that he has so much to grieve for. But we have hope. Because we know the promises given. We know what we have to look forward to. And we know the One who makes it all possible. 


We came back and had some noodles for lunch! Aren't they cute?!

Then we all snuggled up for some cuddles and a nap.
I'm taking the picture, but just imagine me there on the right.
My amazing boys!!

QiLong woke up first and we had a good long talk and we looked at pictures of friends and family on the computer. He also so lots of pictures of himself and watched all his own videos. He even told me the names of all his friends that were in some of his pictures.


 We were told yesterday that he really liked it when a guy came in and gave a performance with this instrument. We went into a little shop today and he pointed right at it and wanted to see it. He's a smart boy!







He wanted his picture taken with these little characters.

I would say Day Two was a little harder. In some aspects. Bedtime was still a bit of a struggle tonight and Silas took cues from Sean and started crying as well. We just have to figure out what routine works best for everybody and get used to it.

But we had some big things happen today and some great acheivements happened, so we are thankful. And we know that each day will get easier.

Tomorrow will probably be our busiest day while we are here. Jusitn and I will have to split up, which I'm not too excited about. Justin will go get some documents notarized at the Consulate while I take QiLong to his medical appointment. The medical is often pretty hard for the kiddos. We are hoping for the best though and will be thankful for how Father gets us through. After medical, we have a Chinese notary appointment, and then we will apply for his passports.

It will be a long day for such a little guy, so prayers are still appreciated!! Thank you!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Family Day!! What an exciting and emotional day...Praying for your day tomorrow...AND Those are some CUTE boys! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are making memories that will grow more precious as time goes by. Praying the boys will bond and that they will grow to love each. NOTHING like family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures! All of your boys are beautiful! I have tears of great joy for you all! God is so GOOD! Daniel asked how old is he? Continued Prayers being lifted up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed all the pics. What a beautiful family!! So excited to have another great grandson. Prayers for each of you guys. Sending our love and hugs to each of you.

    ReplyDelete

Your support and encouragement are so very important to us!