I'm going to make this a short post, because 1. There's not much to write...the past two days have been really low key and 2. I need to get the kids up and ready because we leave Guangzhou TODAY!!!! Finally!! We are so ready for no more hotels. We have 2 more nights before we are actually in a house, but we are moving. Now please pray for us because travelling with these three plus suitcases legitimately terrifies me. haha.
So Wednesday we had our US Consulate appointment. We couldn't take cameras, phones or bags or anything into the Consulate, so I don't have any pictures. But it went faster than we were expecting, the kids were well behaved and it was the last appointment we had before we leave. It's a huge milestone for adoptive families and we are so excited to be there! It's been a long road and so worth it.
Our early morning gave us a beautiful view of the sun coming up over the city with a view of the famous Canton Tower in the background.
![]() |
| The only picture I got from the Consulate. It was really dark, so it's not a great picture, but you can see our red white and blue! |
After our appointment, we were really close to Ikea, so we went over there to look around.
We love Ikea! Especially in China!
Ok so sidenote....Ikea in China is hilarious. It is nothing to walk through the showroom and find people literally sleeping on the beds and couches. Tired? Ready for a nap? Let's go to Ikea!!
We finally got home after a sort of long winded afternoon. We struggled to find somewhere to eat and when we did the lady taking our order wasn't very nice to me and I wasn't very nice to her unfortunately. And then two of the three kids didn't want what I had ordered for them and I wasn't so nice to them.
This is what it looks like when Mommy goes crazy and nobody wants to hold her hand. HA!
So we high tailed it home and bribed the boys to take a nap quickly so that we could go swimming in the afternoon. It worked pretty well and Silas woke up and sat straight up in bed and said let's go!
I didn't get any pictures of swimming. But we had a great time.
Yesterday, we were hoping to do something fun since it was our last day here, but we were all so worn out that we just couldn't really function out in public. We tried to make it happen. We looked up where we wanted to go to lunch, found it at a mall nearby that was also on the way to the tourist place we wanted to go to and when we got there, the restaurant had moved and wasn't there and Silas wasn't feeling well, so we just decided to go back home and hang out for the afternoon.
![]() |
| Silas asks for Coke everyday, but I haven't given to him. So I caved yesterday. His first taste. |
![]() |
| It's good! |
![]() |
| Sean thinks so too! |
We got Silas's Visa packet today! When he lands in America he will be a US Citizen!
I was supposed to go pick up our laundry and our pictures during naptime, but I got a text message to come pick up his packet. So I'm praying that the laundry place will be open this morning so I can get our clothes and get them packed before we get on a plane today!
| My Kung Fu masters |

Silas practicing how to eat pizza the right way!
Silas totally came out of his shell and stripped down to his underwear and danced around tonight. It was totally obvious that he had NEVER done that before. He thought it was hilarious and you could just see that it was a moment for him to be like his brothers.
Now, I am turning the computer off and going to hopefully find my clean clothes and we are headed to the airport!! We are coming!!!













Build a hedge around them Lord; they belong to you!
ReplyDelete