Such a refreshing verse. Right? Such an encouragement when times are tough.
Just what we need when the wait seems like it will never end.
The words of Isaiah that offer such a beautiful picture of the support we have from our Father.
Cue the pretty piano music...
Normally, yes. Absolutely.
But lately, I have to be honest. Not so much.
Lately, I don't feel like that beautiful eagle, soaring with such beauty and grace.
I feel a little more like this...
This beautiful thing called the adoption process, much like many other processes in life, most of the time feels like you are flapping your wings as hard as you possibly can while going absolutely no where.
But that's not true. Because then there is that one day that finally comes. The day that you have been agonizingly waiting for. When you finally see the email in your inbox that you have been refreshing over and over and over for the past 8 hours. You have reached the next step!! Yay!! Let's celebrate!!!
For 5 minutes.
And then your mind almost immediately jumps into thinking about what's next?
Wash, rinse, repeat.
Why?
Why does it have to be this way? Why can't I enjoy the good moments? The HUGE moments!
It's hard. There are still so many more steps, so many people to rely on before we can get to our boy. But while there is still so much to do, we have come SO far. And really, we are almost there!! And for now, I am choosing to celebrate. Because God has done great things!!
We are so excited to announce that today, we received the official letter of approval (LOA) from China saying that we can adopt our sweet Silas!!
Thank you Father!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Your support and encouragement are so very important to us!